At Wallapop we are on a quest to help people with collaborative economy, and to make the world more sustainable by extending the life of products.
At Wallapop we are on a quest to help people with collaborative economy, and to make the world more sustainable by extending the life of products. Would you like to join the talented team that is crafting the system that makes this possible?
Wallapop takes pride in having an open culture, where every opinion matters, and everybody can contribute in many different ways. We believe that we don't hire people to fit in a job description. We hire people to find the best way to produce the most valuable work that they can do. Each guild holds weekly technical meetings to discuss the state of the code, and decide what actions have to be taken in order to it continuing being maintainable, readable, and scalable.
With more than 8 million searches per day, more than 60k items sold per day and a catalog of several tens of millions of products, Wallapop is the biggest second-hand marketplace in Spain with more than 8 million unique visitors per month.
Our purpose is to empower people to promote a more conscious and human way of consumption.
Our company values are:
- We are One Team: Respect, Transparency and Alignment.
- We Dream & Deliver: Creative & Innovative, Passion and Risk Taking.
- We Aim for Simplicity: User centricity and Focus on Essentials
- We Learn & Grow: Curiosity and Empowerment
We value Frontend Engineers who:
- Have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing frameworks (e.g.: Jasmine, Jest).
- Care about the user experience and know how to build user-friendly web applications.
- Are used to work in an agile environment.
- Have an eagerness to learn.
- It is a bonus if you have experience from Node.js, TDD, Docker or AWS tools.
Your mission with us
- Write scalable, maintainable, testable and clean code.
- Continuously deliver value.
- Work along with other software engineers, product owners, QA and designers.
- Be an active participant driving the web platform across the company.
Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Our hiring process:
* PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID19 SITUATION ALL INTERVIEWS TAKE PLACE REMOTELY OVER HANGOUTS*
- Intro Call - ran by talent acquisition. It will take 30-45 minutes and will focus on giving you more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience and expectations.
- Take-home test: you will be assigned a test that you should complete in few days which is aimed at assessing your technical skills required for the role.
- Practical interview - ran by the hiring team and relevant stakeholders across other functions. The focus will be on assessing your ability to apply your skillset to the wallapop context.
- Competency Interview - ran by talent acquisition and hiring manager. We will focus on gaining insights and understanding of how you operate in the workplace and your fit to our values. This usually takes 45 min to 1 hour.
- Offer - should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with talent acquisition and will then be confirmed in writing.
- Flexible working hours
- Reduced hours on Fridays
- Personal learning budget
- English/Spanish lessons
- Encouraging, fun and team-focused offsite trips twice a year
- Team building activities
- Private Health Insurance (Cigna)
- Gym discounts
- Free office sports classes.
- Other benefits paid from the gross salary (kindergarten check, food check, transport check).
- You'll enjoy a 50% longer maternity/paternity leave
- New born or adoption bonus
- Referral Program & charity donation
- Tax Advice
Apply for this job