What You Will Be Doing
You will integrate our Digital Operations team and be the main operational point of contact for our Japanese clients, providing them technical solutions and support.
You are expected to perform a transversal role, translating customers’ needs into solutions, both by leveraging the product features of BMAT services and coming up
with creative solutions for when the needs of our clients go beyond these.
You will apply your technical and project management skills to ensure excellent and timely deliveries to our Japanese clients. Tasks include operating our digital royalty processing platform PRONTO using available features, extracting concrete information from our databases, resolving issues reported by the partners and operations team - up to developing tools in order to scale repeated tasks.
You will guarantee the technical aspects of a client integration (both ongoing and new) by providing necessary documentation and technical guidance
You will improve product feature offerings by providing feedback of the clients to internal Engineering and Operations teams.
All About You
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- You have 2 years hands-on coding experience in an engineering client-facing role
- You know Python, Django and bash
- DRY principles are important to you
- You are comfortable with tasks related to data processing, database management, extraction of statistics by querying SQL and NoSQL and reporting.
- You are a problem-solver. You love investigating issues and fixing things and have attention to detail.
- You have an instinct for listening, asking, understanding and communicating.
- You think uncertainty creates opportunity rather than stress.
- You are able to work well in a globally-distributed, cross-functional environment
- You enjoy absorbing complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- You get the most out of your time when working in a team and have creative thinking skills
- You are preferably based in Japan or working in Japan Standard Time
- You have experience in the music industry
- You have experience in backend software development: design, develop, test and deploy product and platform improvements and automation of tasks and processes.
- You are familiar with the following technologies: Docker, AWS, MongoDB, SQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL, Airflow, ElasticSearch, Jenkins
- You have developed project management skills
- Japanese Native and proficient level of English.
- Spanish and any other language is a plus.
You Can Enjoy
- Flexible working hours and location
- Flat hierarchy
- You can make the role your own and run your own development
- Online language classes to improve your Spanish, Catalan or English
- Online and onsite courses and music industry workshops run by inhouse experts
- We’ll provide you with all equipment needed for you to be comfortable
- 25 days of holiday per year, plus flexible time off for other commitments
- Barcelona HQ office available to you, kitted out with a rehearsal room https://www.bmat.com/bmat-house/
Diverse perspectives drive innovation, and innovation is kind of our thing. Our open-minded and flexible culture organically fosters this diversity. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from all walks of life. Our team is made up of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, orientations, abilities, musical tastes, dress sense and time-zones - but we all have one common goal: Making the music world a better place. With equal opportunities for everyone, BMAT is a pretty nice place to work.